At home workouts can be just as effective. So if you have an hour or two in your day, here’s one home workout routine that will kick you into shape in one month!
- Squats: 4 sets of 8 reps
- Bench Press: 4 sets of 8 reps
- Pullups: 4 sets of 8 reps
- Military Press: 4 sets of 8 reps
- Barbell Curls: 4 sets of 8 reps
- Ab Roller: 4 sets of 8 reps
- Deadlifts: 5 sets of 5 reps
- Bent Over Rows: 5 sets of 5 reps
- Dumbbell Incline Bench Press: 5 sets of 5 reps
- Lateral Raises: 5 sets of 5 reps
- Dumbbell Triceps Extensions: 5 sets of 5 reps
- Hammer Curls: 5 sets of 5 reps
- Lunges: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Dips: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Chin-ups: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Push Press: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Seated Calf Raises: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Plate Twists: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Back Squat: 4 sets of 6-8 reps
- Stiff-Legged Deadlift: 4 sets of 6-8 reps
- One-Legged Squats/Leg Press: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Hamstring Curl: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Seated Calf Raises: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
* Fluctuating between these types of workouts is suggested.
- Hydration: Always be hydrated before, during and after a workout. Working out dehydrated can have serious health effects and could send you to the emergency room if you do not take care of your body. After high intensity home workouts, reach for drinks high in electrolytes (Gatorade, Powerade, etc.).
- Hygiene: Home workouts can be just as sweaty as gym workouts. A nice cold shower can relieve sore muscles and give you energy more than a warm shower can.
- Eat Smart: There’s more to being in shape than simply burning calories. Watching your calories is key! Avoid foods high in carbs and sodium and reach instead for more fiber and protein. This will play a vital role in keeping you lean and healthy.
Have a home workout routine that you follow? Tell us! Visit caliwheels.wordpress.com/home-workouts and add the routine to the form. We might add it to our collection!